This is what I have to report today...
1. Dad was able to hold down a little bit of liquid substance today!
2. We are waiting for the results of the PT scan tomorrow
3. Depending on the results, the plan is to go in and empty his stomach of all the fluid that the cancer is creating again and scrape a few of the cancer cells out so they can better analyze them.
4. Not sure if he will be able to receive a feeding tube. I guess it is really complicated because the lower muscles of his stomach are infected with the cancer, which is where to tube should go in. So, if anything, pray that the dr's will be able to find a way to get that feeding tube in!
1 comment:
Ken and Family,
I pray that God will give you all strength at this time. I went through the same thing with my father 6 years ago. He had Bladder Cancer. Please make sure that you are taking care of those who are caring for Ken. This illness can be hard on the caregivers also. I am walking in the Relay for Life next week and will offer my prayers for you and your family. What hospital is Ken in? I saw him a few weeks ago at Skyridge but did not get a change to talk to him. Email me and let me know how thing are progressing. I worked with Ken at Zachary and UE. He is a good man and friend.
Thanks,
Larry Duran
larryduran@msn.com
Post a Comment